OFDb

the Divergent Series: Ascendant (made for TV?)

Begonnen von StS, 21 Juli 2016, 08:53:57

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Ähm, bitte was???

Offenbar will man das Finale der Frachise nun plötzlich als "Made for TV"-Movie mit der Möglichkeit einer Spinoff-Serie konzipieren...

Durchaus möglich, dass da einige der Stars abspringen...

ZitatSome 'Divergent' Stars Expected to Opt Out as Finale Shifts to TV

In a shocking move, Lionsgate is jettisoning the finale of its Divergent Series to the small screen.

Sources say the studio will reconfigure the project, dubbed Ascendant, as a TV movie and position it for a spinoff series, with Lionsgate TV taking the reins on production. Lionsgate declined comment.

(...)

Agents say they expect very serious negotiations for their clients. But some feel it would set a dangerous precedent if actors simply go along with a move from film to TV. Sources say Lionsgate had an option for all of the main talent for the fourth and final film, but it had a theatrical requirement. This new arrangement would involve complete renegotiations of their contracts.

Ascendant was dated for June 9, 2017, but after the franchise's third installment, Allegiant, became a box-office dud — earning just $66 million domestically — Lionsgate began to rethink its strategy for the fourth film based on Veronica Roth's book series. Sources say the stars have not even received a script for the final installment.

For Lionsgate TV, the Divergent series could be a win for the independent studio. The TV arm recently fought to save ABC's Nashville after the network canceled it and was able to ink the cast — including star Connie Britton — to return for a new season at Viacom-owned CMT. The studio's other TV credits include Netflix's Orange Is the New Black and Dear White People adaptation as well as E!'s The Royals.

(hollywoodreporter.com)
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Moonshade

Jaaa, so sieht das dann aus, wenn einen die Cash-In-Entscheidung, aus dem letzten Teil zwei Filme zu dehnen, monetär an der Kasse in den Arsch beißt. Dann kommen den Verantwortlichen sofort noch dümmere Ideen...

...wie das YA-Genre auch keine sichere Bank für TV-Transfers ist. "The 100" mag funktioniert haben, aber bei diesem Erfolg wurden zwangsläufig zwei parallele Serien gekillt ("Star-Crossed" und "The Tomorrow People) und der Übergang von "City of Bones" (der war schon schwach genug) auf "Shadowhunters" als TV-Serie sah schon als Promo-Plakat mäßig aus... :viney:
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

DisposableMiffy

Es wurde auch langsam mal Zeit, dass ein Studio mit der 3.1/3.2-Masche auf die Schnauze fällt.

Ich bin da eh raus, weil ich den Krempel überhaupt nur wegen Kate Winslet geschaut habe.
letterboxd.com

Dumm geboren, nichts dazu gelernt und die Hälfte davon vergessen.

Hearing only what you wanna hear and knowing only what you've heard.

StS

Auf TV hat Woodley nicht wirklich Lust...

ZitatLast I heard they were trying to make it into a television show. I didn't sign up to be in a television show. Out of respect to the studio and everyone in involved, they may have changed their mind and may be doing something different, but I'm not necessarily interested in doing a television show.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

ZitatAscendant, the fourth chapter in the Divergent series in the works as a series at Starz

Ascendant, which was to be the final chapter in the Divergent series of films, is set to become a series at the premium cable network Starz, according to Deadline. Ascendant was originally set to be released in theaters on June 10, 2017, though back in July of last year, it was reported that the final film would appear in series form. No network or streaming service was announced at that time, and it was unclear if stars Shailene Woodley, Theo James and Ansel Elgort would appear. The Starz series is still reportedly in early stages and it is unclear if they'll return for this version of the final chapter in the story.

(comingsoon.net)

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020