OFDb

the School

Begonnen von StS, 18 August 2017, 20:55:17

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Lunar Pictures and Australia-based Bronte Pictures released the first teaser for their supernatural horror thriller The School, directed by award-winning Australian writer/director Storm Ashwood.

The School follows Amy, an attractive, successful surgeon, who struggles to cope with her emergency room duties and those of a young mother looking after her hospitalized son who has fallen into a coma. After being reprimanded by her boss, Dr. Wang, for obsessively believing her son will wake up, she becomes trapped in a coma/purgatory of her own – The School – where children from her past emerge to taunt and test her to her core, putting in doubt whether Amy will be able to save her son and leave The School.

The School was filmed at the Gladesville Mental Asylum, which was founded in the late 1830's, making it the oldest asylum in Australia. Unfortunately, the cruel and unusual punishment of its patients was a normality there, including the use of electric shock therapy and both patient and employee deaths were common. There are 1,228 unmarked patient graves on-site providing an unsettling location to capture the supernatural horror elements in the film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADP2PxRq9M8

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Wolfhard-Eitelwolf

Hm, das reißt ehrlich gesagt noch nicht wirklich vom Hocker. Scheint sich zwischen Spannung und Action nicht ganz entscheiden zu können - und eine Asylum-Kulisse ist nun auch nicht gerade die kreativste auf dem heutigen Horrormarkt. Skeptisch...

PierrotLeFou

Mich erinnern Trailer & Bilder irgendwie an William Malone-Werke und an Gans' "Silent Hill" - nichts davon konnte mich wirklich vom Hocker hauen, aber relativ stimmungsvolles, halbwegs ambitioniert inszeniertes 08/15-Schockkino dürfte es vermutlich werden...
"Eines Tages werde ich ein wahrhaft großes Drama schreiben. Niemand wird verstehen, worauf es hinaus will, aber alle werden nach Hause gehen mit einem vagen Gefühl der Unzufriedenheit mit ihrem Leben und ihrer Umgebung. Dann werden sie neue Tapeten aufhängen und die Sache vergessen." (Saki)

StS

Den Stil von Malone sowie des ersten "Silent Hill" Films mochte ich eigentlich ganz gern.
Ich denke, der hier könnte "ein solider kleiner Genre-Happen für Zwischendurch" werden...
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020