OFDb

Eli Roth's History of Horror (Doku-Serie)

Begonnen von StS, 25 September 2018, 22:31:35

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

ZitatNext month, AMC will begin airing the seven episode documentary series Eli Roth's History of Horror - which is, as the title implies, hosted by genre filmmaker Eli Roth. The premiere episode is set to air on Sunday, October 14th.

Executive produced by award-winning horror film director, writer, producer and actor, Eli Roth ("Cabin Fever," "Hostel"), the documentary series brings together the masters of horror – the storytellers and stars who define the genre – to explore its biggest themes and reveal the inspirations and struggles behind its past and present.

Each one-hour episode will take viewers on a chilling exploration of how horror has evolved through the eras and impacted society, as well as why loyal fans remain addicted to fear. The series features A-list storytellers including Stephen King, Quentin Tarantino, Jordan Peele, Jason Blum, Robert Englund, Linda Blair, Tippi Hedren, Rob Zombie, Tom Savini, Haley Joel Osment, Jack Black, Joe Dante, John Landis, Mick Garris, Jamie Lee Curtis, Elijah Wood, Slash, Catherine Hardwicke, Greg Nicotero, and Norman Reedus, among many others.

One of the main reasons why Roth wanted to put together a documentary on the history of horror is to preserve the stories of the filmmakers who worked on the genre's classics. Speaking with IGN, he said,

You know, when Wes Craven died, all those stories died with him. Tobe Hooper told a story about when he was shooting Texas Chainsaw Massacre, about how the investors came to set and they just wanted drugs and girls. And they had all these dead animals and people were throwing up. Then they said, 'We gotta burn the animals because they smell so bad!' Just insane stuff like that, and those stories died when Tobe died. I wanted to get some sort of record to document these directors talking, while going through the history of the genre.

Trailer:
https://vimeo.com/291752929
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020