OFDb

Master (Campus-Horror mit Regina King / Amazon Prime)

Begonnen von StS, 2 März 2022, 17:27:15

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Mariama Diallo's feature debut Master, starring Regina Hall, Zoe Renee, and Amber Gray, will premiere globally March 18 on Prime Video. Diallo's Sundance horror movie blends horror and social commentary in equal measure, and the official trailer from Amazon today begins to peel back those layers of social terror.

In Master, "Three women strive to find their place at a prestigious New England university whose frosty elitism may disguise something more sinister. Professor Gail Bishop (Regina Hall) has recently been promoted to "Master" of a residence hall, the first time at storied Ancaster College that a Black woman has held the post. Determined to breathe new life into a centuries-old tradition, Gail soon finds herself wrapped up in the trials and tribulations of Jasmine Moore (Zoe Renee), an energetic and optimistic Black freshman.

Beim "Sundance"-Festival gab´s überwiegend positive Kritiken.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Moonshade

Das klingt zumindest vom Plot her interessant, den merk ich mal vor..
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020