OFDb

Sweet Tooth (dystopische Netflix-Fantasy-Serie)

Begonnen von StS, 6 Juni 2022, 20:56:06

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Last summer, series creator Jim Mickle (Stake Land, We Are What We Are) brought Jeff Lemire's Sweet Tooth comic book series to life for the streaming service. The aptly described "Mad Max meets Bambi" dystopian fantasy induced awe and tugged at your heartstrings thanks to its sweet characters. Season one put them through the emotional wringer, ending on perilous cliffhangers, and the second season is on the way.

Netflix's Geeked Week 2022 shared a behind-the-scenes update from the cast on location in New Zealand, teasing the higher stakes and bigger battles ahead for the eight-episode "Sweet Tooth" Season 2. Stay tuned through the very end for another peek at the adorable hybrid Bobby.

Narrated in a fairy tale format by James Brolin, Sweet Tooth season one takes place a decade after "The Great Crumble," a pandemic that decimated civilization and wiped out a large percentage of the population. It coincided with the emergence of hybrids, babies born part human and part animal. The coincidence caused many to blame hybrids as the cause of the virus, so humans hunt them out of fear. After growing up within the safety of his secluded forest home, young deer-boy hybrid Gus (Christian Convery) unexpectedly befriends loner Jepperd (Nonso Anozie). The pair travels across the country for answers, discovering a lot more about the dangers of the world as well as themselves.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Moonshade

An Staffel 1 hatte ich mich noch nicht rangetraut, das schien mir sehr auf jugendliches Publikum zugeschnitten zu sein, aber inzwischen weiß ich, dass die Serie durchaus eine reife und ernste Seite hat. Wird bei mir irgendwann mal eine Spontanwahl.
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

StS

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

StS

Erhält eine 3. Staffel, welche dann die letzte sein wird.

Moonshade

Ich weiß immer noch nicht so recht, das scheint so eine Emotionsmühle zu sein...
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

Private Joker

Hatte neulich mal zwei Folgen der ersten Staffel als Hintergrundberieselung angeworfen - die haben den Rahmen "Dystopie für die jüngstmögliche Zielgruppe" jedenfalls noch nicht gesprengt. Oder nur sehr teilweise - die Szenen vom "Ausbruch" oder was immer das untergangsbringende Event da sein sollte, waren jetzt auch nicht schlechter oder besser als bei der Konkurrenz.

Am (für mich) grundlegenden Problem, dass "zwei Hörnchen am Kopf" ein je nach Lesart extrem dürftiger bis tollkühner Versuch sind, eine quasi neue Spezies auf den Schirm zu bringen, hat das aber auch nichts geändert; das reißt einen irgendwie total aus der Immersion, wie man heute wohl sagen würde. Storytechnisch sind wir in den besagten Folgen auch noch bei "neue Eltern/Freunde finden", das holt einen ab einem gewissen Alter dann auch nicht mehr ab. Eher nicht so mein Ding, fürchte ich, aber das soll niemanden abhalten...
"Ich bin zu alt für diesen Scheiß" "Dem Scheiß ist es egal, wie alt Du bist" (James Grady - Die letzten Tage des Condor)

StS

mali

Staffel 2 habe ich mir noch nicht gegeben (kam da irgendwie nicht mehr rein), aber wenn es nun abgeschlossen wird und vernüntig endet schaue ich mir das wohl noch insgesamt mal an.

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020