OFDb

the Strangers (2024er Reboot von Renny Harlin - Start einer neuen Trilogie)

Begonnen von StS, 1 März 2024, 20:03:17

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

After their car breaks down in an eerie small town, a young couple (Madelaine Petsch and Froy Gutierrez) are forced to spend the night in a remote cabin. Panic ensues as they are terrorized by three masked strangers who strike with no mercy and seemingly no motive in THE STRANGERS ― CHAPTER 1, the chilling first entry of this upcoming horror feature film series.

Zitat"When setting out to remake The Strangers, we felt there was a bigger story to be told, which could be as powerful, chilling, and terrifying as the original and could really expand that world," explained producer Courtney Solomon. "Shooting this story as a trilogy allows us to create a hyperreal and terrifying character study. We're fortunate to be joining forces with Madelaine Petsch, an amazing talent whose character is the driving force of this story." (Bloody-Disgusting.com)

Generell mag ich Harlin ja durchaus dank seines Regie-Stils - doch das hier schaut wie eine belanglose, abgedummte, konventionellere (und somit öde) Version von Teil 1 aus. Da müssen die Sequels aber echt was aus´m Hut zaubern...
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Wolfhard-Eitelwolf

Dem kann ich mich nur anschließen. Die Magie und Finesse des Erstlings fehlt vollkommen, hier regiert die Brechstange nach Schema F. Die Killer könnten auch irgendwelche anderen Masken tragen, es macht keinerlei Unterschied.

StS

Zitat von: Wolfhard-Eitelwolf am  2 März 2024, 11:51:47Die Magie und Finesse des Erstlings fehlt vollkommen...

Jip. Das fängt schon bei der Entscheidung an, aus einem "Paar mit Problemen" ein glückliches Pärchen zu machen...
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

JasonXtreme

Naja sagen wir mal so - gäbe es Teil 1 nicht, dann sähe das nicht sooo übel aus. Gäbe es Teil 2 nicht (der zwar mistig war, aber mich durchaus noch marginal unterhalten konnte...) ebenso - aber als Auftakt einer neuen TRILOGIE (!!!) dfällt mir nix mehr zu ein ;)
"Hör mal, du kannst mein Ding nicht Prinzessin Sofia nennen. Wenn du meinem Ding schon einen Namen geben willst, dann muss es schon was supermaskulines sein. Sowas wie Spike oder Butch oder Krull, The Warrior King, aber NICHT Prinzessin Sofia."

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020