OFDb

Nightmares and Dreamscapes (8 Geschichten nach Stephen King)

Begonnen von StS, 23 März 2006, 19:14:09

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Turner Network Television (TNT) is putting the summer on ice with its chilling all-star television event NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES: FROM THE STORIES OF STEPHEN KING. This four-week collection of eight mind-bending tales from the master of horror, set to premiere in July, features such top performers as Emmyâ winner and Oscarâ nominee William H. Macy (Fargo, TNT's Door to Door and The Wool Cap) and Jacqueline McKenzie (The 4400, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood), who star in the adaptation of King's short story Umney's Last Case; Golden Globeâ nominee Ron Livingston (Band of Brothers, The Cooler) and Golden Globeâ nominee Henry Thomas (E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, Legends of the Fall), who star in The End of the Whole Mess; Golden Satelliteâ nominee Eion Bailey (And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself, Band of Brothers) and Claire Forlani (Meet Joe Black, Ripley Under Ground), who star in Crouch End; Jeremy Sisto (Six Feet Under, TNT's Julius Caesar) and Samantha Mathis (TNT's The Mists of Avalon and Salem's Lot), who headline The Fifth Quarter; Emmyâ winner Richard Thomas (The Waltons) and Emmyâ winner and Golden Globeâ nominee Greta Scacchi (Flightplan, Rasputin), who star in Autopsy Room Four; Emmyâ winner Kim Delaney (NYPD Blue, CSI: Miami) and Steven Weber (The Shining, Wings), who star in You Know They Got a Hell of a Band; Oscarâ winner William Hurt (Kiss of the Spider Woman, The Village), who headlines Battleground; and Oscarâ nominee Tom Berenger (Platoon, TNT's Into the West) and Oscarâ nominee and Golden Globeâ winner Marsha Mason (The Goodbye Girl, Frasier), who head up The Road Virus Heads North. In addition, the first installment of the series will be presented uninterrupted and commercial-free.

NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES comes to TNT from Bill Haber's Ostar Enterprises, with Haber (The Uprising, Jack and the Bean Stalk: The True Story, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow) serving as executive producer. The series is produced by Mike Robe, Jeffrey Hayes and John J. McMahon.

The following is the line-up of eight one-hour stories included in TNT's NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES:

Umney's Last Case
Directed by Rob Bowman (Reign of Fire, Elektra); teleplay by April Smith (The Taking of Pelham One Two Three)
After the death of his son, writer Sam Landry (William H. Macy) is so desperate to lead another life, he writes himself into his own book, forcing his long-time character (also played by Macy) to change places with him and live in the modern day. But things get deadly when Landry realizes he is trapped and cannot write himself out of his new reality.

The End of the Whole Mess

Directed by Mikael Salomon (TNT's Salem's Lot); teleplay by Lawrence D. Cohen (Carrie, Stephen King's It)
The world had changed. Violence, war and hatred and replaced with kindness, peace and love. But at what price? Renowned filmmaker Howie Fornoy (Ron Livingston), with just one hour to live, recounts the details of his brother's (Henry Thomas) worldwide experiment gone terribly wrong.

Crouch End
Directed by Mark Haber (Border Patrol, Alien Cargo, Daises in December); teleplay by Kim LeMasters (Threshold)
A newly wed American couple (Eion Bailey and Claire Forlani) honeymooning in London goes to Crouch End to have dinner with a friend. They soon learn the town is not what it appears to be, and the more they get lost, the more they become trapped in another dimension.

The Fifth Quarter

Directed by Rob Bowman (Reign of Fire, Elektra); teleplay by Alan Sharp (Rob Roy, Reversible Errors)
Willie (Jeremy Sisto), a just-released convict, learns from his dying friend of a map in four parts that reveals the location of $1 million from a robbery. Seeking revenge for the death of his friend and the money, as well, Willie hunts down the others who hold the remaining three parts to the map, risking his family and his freedom. Samantha Mathis co-stars.

Autopsy Room Four

Directed by Mikael Salomon (TNT's Salem's Lot); teleplay by April Smith (The Taking of Pelham One Two Three)
Businessman Howard Cottrell (Richard Thomas) is on vacation playing one of his many games of golf. Chasing the ball into the undergrowth, he is bitten by a snake and completely paralyzed, showing no signs of life. At the hospital, unable to communicate, he is the key witness to his own autopsy. Greta Scacchi co-stars.

You Know They Got a Hell of a Band
Written and directed by Mike Robe (News at Eleven, Guts and Glory: The Rise and Fall of Oliver North).
A wrong turn on a lonely road turns frightening for Clark and Mary Willingham (Steven Weber and Kim Delaney) as they stumble upon a town not on any map – Rock and Roll Heaven, Oregon. There is a free concert every night, but the price of admission is high – once the audience enters, it can never leave.

Battleground

Directed by Brian Henson (Farscape, Muppet Treasure Island); teleplay by Richard Christian Matheson (Mobius, It Waits)
John Renshaw (William Hurt), a professional hit man, successfully murders the CEO of a prestigious toy company only to face the biggest fight of his life when a package from the toy company is delivered to his house with surprising, deadly contents.

The Road Virus Heads North
Directed by Sergio Mimica-Gezzan (TNT's Into The West, Invasion, Taken); teleplay by Peter Filardi (Salem's Lot, Flatliners)
Richard Kinnell (Tom Berenger) is a famous writer who, at a doctor's visit, learns he may soon have to deal with his own mortality. On the drive back to his home, he buys a mysterious painting. Each time he looks at it, it changes to become more menacing and sinister. He pieces together that the painting is trying to kill him...but not if he can destroy it first. Marsha Mason co-stars.

Five of the adaptations for NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES come from King's 1993 anthology of the same name. The Road Virus Heads North and Autopsy Room Four come from King's 2002 anthology Everything's Eventual, while Battleground comes from 1978's Nightshift.

(Bloody Disgusting.com)
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Snake Plissken

23 März 2006, 23:15:17 #1 Letzte Bearbeitung: 24 März 2006, 00:02:45 von Snake Plissken
Zu schade. Warum muss King auch alles von sich verfilmen lassen?
Ich brauche erst gar nicht zu erwähnen, das die Verfilmungen zwar interessant sein können, aber niemals an die Kurzgeschichten ranreichen werden.

EDIT: Wie will man eigentlich Autopsie Room Four problemlos verfilmen, wo man doch ein Detail nicht zeigen kann, ohne das der Zuschauer nicht weiß, was los ist??

Snake

Vince

"Crouch End" ist als Kurzgeschichte der Knaller... das ist echt schon abartig surreal. Wird vermutlich verfilmt in die Hose gehen, ich werd's mir dennoch sicherlich ansehen und freue mich auch drauf.

Rain Jao

26 März 2006, 11:58:39 #3 Letzte Bearbeitung: 26 März 2006, 12:02:07 von Rain Jao
Als ich das Buch gelesen hab, war ich halb so halt wie jetzt; und die Ausgabe hat doch tatsächlich keine englischen Titel, grad nochmal zur Hand genommen.
Bis auf Battleground *gerne* und You Know They Got a Hell of a Band *muss nicht sein* sagt mir deswegen jetzt auch gar nichts. Sollte Dolans Cadillac nicht verfilmt werden, oder hab ichs bereits verpasst ?

McHolsten

Zitat von: Rain Jao am 26 März 2006, 11:58:39
Bis auf Battleground *gerne*

Ach auf die freue ich mich besonders, ist auch die einzige der hier aufgeführten die ich kenne.
Fand die Story recht witzig, mal schauen wie es mit der Umsetzung klappt.
Gore on!

StS

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

McHolsten

Ich schaue gerade BATTLEGROUND und das Ding rockt...  :respekt:
Review gibt es nachher...  :D
Gore on!

Vince

Zitat von: McHolsten am 18 Juli 2006, 00:07:17
Ich schaue gerade BATTLEGROUND und das Ding rockt... :respekt:
Review gibt es nachher... :D

Bin hochgespannt! :D
Wie kommst du denn jetzt schon da ran?

McHolsten

Zitat von: Vince am 18 Juli 2006, 01:07:45
Bin hochgespannt! :D
Wie kommst du denn jetzt schon da ran?

http://www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=review&fid=105181&rid=194212

Muss ich nochmal überarbeiten, Bude ist zu aufgeheizt...aber ich denke es ist okay geworden...  :icon_smile:

Tja, wie komme ich da ran...*ia-ia-ia*  ;)
Gore on!

Vince

Habs gerade schon gelesen, ist doch ein schönes Ding geworden - trotz aufgeheizter Bude.  :respekt:
Hört sich ja wirklich fast so spaßig an wie die Kurzgeschichte sich liest. Und interessante Technik, die Spielzeugsoldaten darzustellen, ich hätte ja jetzt auf CGI gewettet...

McHolsten

Zitat von: Vince am 18 Juli 2006, 01:32:44
Habs gerade schon gelesen, ist doch ein schönes Ding geworden - trotz aufgeheizter Bude. :respekt:
Hört sich ja wirklich fast so spaßig an wie die Kurzgeschichte sich liest. Und interessante Technik, die Spielzeugsoldaten darzustellen, ich hätte ja jetzt auf CGI gewettet...

Danke. Heute ist es wieder so warm hier drin. Daher nur ein Kurzfilm...aber was für einer!  :icon_mrgreen: :respekt:
http://www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=review&fid=105267&rid=194317
Gore on!

Vince

Zitat von: McHolsten am 19 Juli 2006, 01:32:02
Danke. Heute ist es wieder so warm hier drin. Daher nur ein Kurzfilm...aber was für einer! :icon_mrgreen: :respekt:
http://www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=review&fid=105267&rid=194317

Hihi, hast mich drauf heiß gemacht und jetzt hab ich auch noch meinen Senf dazu abgegeben. ;)

McHolsten

Zitat von: Vince am 19 Juli 2006, 02:59:45
Hihi, hast mich drauf heiß gemacht und jetzt hab ich auch noch meinen Senf dazu abgegeben. ;)

Wunderbar, genau DAS wollte ich auch bezwecken...  ;)
Ein - wie gewohnt - sehr schönes Review von Dir, bin schon gespannt wie Dir die "Realverfilmung" gefällt.  :respekt:
Gore on!

Vince

Da ich in Sachen DVD so ein oller Nicht-Code1-Gucker bin und sowieso am liebsten auch noch gerne deutschen Ton drauf hätte, wird das wohl noch was dauern, bis ich die Dinger mal zu Gesicht bekomme... aber ich freu mich schon.  ;)

Butzemann

Hier mal zwei Vorab-Kritiken der ersten zwei Episoden:

mit ersten Bildern :respekt:

Episode1:  :andy:
http://blog-plus.de/?p=22

Episode2:  :andy:
http://blog-plus.de/?p=23
Version 2.0 [ http://blog-plus.de ]

Heimkino [ http://www.bluray-disc.de/blulife/heimkino/butzemann ]

"Von all den Dingen die mir sind verloren gegangen, hab ich am meisten an meinen Verstand gehangen"

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020