OFDb

Wes Craven presents: the Breed (Hunde-Horror mit Michelle Rodriguez)

Begonnen von StS, 18 Mai 2006, 21:58:05

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

DIRECTOR: Nick Mastandrea
WRITER: Bob Conte and Peter Wortmann
STARRING: Michelle Rodriguez, Taryn Manning, Oliver Hudson, Hill Harper and Eric Lively

The film tells of two brothers, one a highly athletic daredevil and the other a much more serious and sensitive type, who in the midst of trying to patch up their wonky relationship - on a getaway at their Uncle's house - are forced to flee a pack of vicious killer dogs - the titular 'Breed'.

Klingt nach ner Totgeburt:

ZitatLast night I was at a test screening of this brand new, Wes Craven-produced, teen horror movie The Breed. The director, Nicholas Mastandrea who previously worked as a first assistant director to Wes Craven and George Romero was there and he seemed like a nice guy. Apparently the movie is playing in Berlin right now looking for distribution but if this movie doesn't go straight to video, I will be very surprised. It was a free screening, and you get what you pay for.

The movie is a wreck, a drinking game at best - drink whenever something lame happens. Check out this premise - five middle class teenagers, two white guys, one white girl (from the band Boomkat and the movie Crossroads,) Michelle Rodriguez, and a black dude (guess who's gonna die first) fly to a cabin on a deserted island to party (like all teenagers do since Friday the 13th) but alas they are hounded (pun intended) by a gang of vicious, mutant, killer dogs (that look by the way just like regular, nice dogs.) It is ridiculous and unintentionally hilarious. Just imagine a Conan O'Brien skit about a sequel to Birds, called Dogs and you'll get the idea. Oh yea and the dogs have super rabies, or something but that plotline doesn't go anywhere. Just when you think somebody might turn into a were-dog or at least go rabid... they don't... nothing... just lameness.

The director said he wanted to make sure we got to know the characters before any of them die. Through a bunch of dialogue so bad that it didn't make it on to Dawson's Creek we find out that the two white brothers have a fractured relationship cause one of them has always been the bad, rebellious type while the other has always been the straight shooter. Damn I really wish these characters were dismembered (but they aren't.) Anyway the bad kid gets to redeem himself... thank God there's always something like a gang of mutant dogs to bring families together. And the lovely Michelle Rodriguez really sucks hard in this piece of **** too... my favorite line from her is when she empathetically says to her boyfriend – "What's wrong" right after two of their friends have been killed right in front of them and he's been infected with super rabies... lady where have you been? (Unfortunately she doesn't get dismembered either.)

The whole experience made me sad because this piece of crap cost at least a few million bucks to make, and like I said the director seemed like a nice guy but he lacked the passion for horror. This was not self aware, and ironic like Cabin Fever. It was not trying to be different or better. It was another expensive and enthusiastic leap in to mediocrity. And that is sad because there are so many young passionate kids out there who want to contribute something to film and to horror, but the money goes to The Breed instead.

There was no gore, just a little blood, and there was no nudity. There is a little CGI - green harnesses were removed from dogs and CG dogs were run over. The orchestra scare shots were way over the top, completely annoying and not at all scary. I won't even get in to the plot logic holes because there are too many. Oh yea, and as the end credits roll, they play a heavy-metal cover of "Who Let the Dogs Out?" I am not kidding. If you like watching footage of attack dogs, want practice your Mystery Science Theatre or make up some drinking games check it out.

-Adam Brooks
www.adambrooks.net

Trailer:
http://www.blairwitch.de/index.php?seitenid=14&newsid=1462
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Dr. STRG+C+V n0NAMe

Mal ne Frage. Wen spielt Michelle Rodriguez ? Den "highly athletic daredevil" Bruder oder einen der "vicious killer dogs" ???  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Aktueller Rang: Sergeant of the Master Sergeants Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants to the Max
---
Carpenter Brut - Le Perv
---
Carpenter Brut - Obituary
---
Pertubator - Miami Disco

Roughale

Zwei Sachen, die mich von Interesse an dem Film abhalten, erstens Hunde in Filmen will ich nicht mehr nach dem Rottweilerdebakel und zweitens die Rodriguez, die versaut mir schon Lost...

esta es la mejor mota
When there is no more room for talent OK will make another UFC

Moonshade

Und bei mir heben sich schon bei "Wes Craven presents" die Nackenhaare...
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

mr. pink

@Roughale:

Jaaa, danke. Die Rodriguez geht mir auch derbst auf den Sack. Will die niemals wieder in nem Film sehen.
Bei "Lost" hätt man sie auch schon längst ersäufen können.

"The Breed" hört sich jedenfalls nicht so interessant an wie "The Calf" :)
I expect that you think that I should be haunted
But it never really bothers me

StS

Zitat von: Moonshade am 19 Mai 2006, 10:58:42

Hey, "Wishmaster" war doch ganz nett... ;)
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

mr. pink

ZitatZitat von: Moonshade am Heute um 08:58:42

Hey, "Wishmaster" war doch ganz nett...

Und "Mindripper" erst...
I expect that you think that I should be haunted
But it never really bothers me

Moonshade

"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

Tomalak

Wes Craven präsentiert einen weitern sinnlosen und langweiligen Teeniehorrorfilm. Der Trailer regt nur zum abschalten an.

schlitzauge23

Schliess ich mich dem Spitzohr ausnahmsweise mal an, der Trailer ist total grottig!

Mr. Hankey

21 Mai 2006, 13:49:14 #10 Letzte Bearbeitung: 21 Mai 2006, 13:52:06 von Mr. Hankey
Zitat von: schlitzauge23 am 20 Mai 2006, 04:00:31
Schliess ich mich dem Spitzohr ausnahmsweise mal an, der Trailer ist total grottig!
Mich schaudert, aber ich muss das diesesmal auch machen. Den Trailer fand ich ebenfalls nicht besonders und leider ist es auch wirklich wahr, dass die Filme aus der "Wes Craven presents..."-Reihe meist nicht sonderlich geniessbar sind, vielleicht mal abgesehen von "Wishmaster", den StS weiter oben genannt hat.

Na ja, die Leihgebühr wird er aber dennoch wert sein, allein schon wegen Michelle Rodriguez, die einfach nur rockt, egal was alle anderen hier sagen. Möge sie "Lost" noch lange erhalten bleiben! :dodo: :king:
Ofdb-Filmsammlung
Aus visueller Sicht, das vielleicht beste BD-Erlebnis ever: Klick

Tomalak

ich hoffe ich irre mich, sonst verwende ich demnächst auch massenhaft Smilies und finde noch den letzten Müll gut.

Dafür beglückt Craven die Menschheit mit The Hills Have Eyes II

Graf Zahl

Werd ich mir auch allein schon wegen der Rodrigötz nich schauen - es sei denn, sie findet ein sehr schnelles, extrem grausames und blutiges Ende.
Selten ging mir eine Schauspielerin so auf die Eier wie diese alte Kuh.

Wann kommen die Leute (also die unwissende Allgemeinheit) endlich auf den Trichter, dass "Wes Craven presents" nichts mehr zu bedeuten hat??

Mr. Hankey

22 Mai 2006, 18:54:29 #13 Letzte Bearbeitung: 22 Mai 2006, 19:15:21 von Mr. Hankey
Zitatsonst verwende ich demnächst auch massenhaft Smilies...
Falls du das Posting auf mich beziehst: die Smilies waren einzig und allein auf Rodriguez bezogen, nicht auf den (wahrscheinlich grottigen) Film. :icon_mrgreen:
Zitatund finde noch den letzten Müll gut.
Dann hättest du unterm Strich jedenfalls mehr Spaß mit dem Medium Film als wie im Moment, wo du fast 40% der (wenigen) Filme, die du in der Ofdb bewertet hast, mit 1/10 bewertest. Da macht das ganze Filmgucken doch gar keine Freude mehr, oder? :icon_twisted: ;)
Ofdb-Filmsammlung
Aus visueller Sicht, das vielleicht beste BD-Erlebnis ever: Klick

Hitfield

22 Mai 2006, 18:54:29 #14 Letzte Bearbeitung: 22 Mai 2006, 18:56:38 von Hitfield
Den Trailer finde ich auch nicht gerade berauschend.

Das beste, was ich in Sachen "Hunde-Horror" bislang gesehen habe, war einerseits die Folge "Die Hunde" aus der Serie "MillenniuM" (zweite Folge der zweiten Staffel) und andererseits Fuller verstörender Film Die weiße Bestie. Was die B-Film-Liga angeht, wäre noch "Man's Best Friend" zu erwähnen.
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain."

Tomalak

Zitat von: Mr. Hankey am 22 Mai 2006, 18:54:29
wo du fast 40% der (wenigen) Filme, die du in der Ofdb bewertet hast, mit 1/10 bewertest. Da macht das ganze Filmgucken doch gar keine Freude mehr, oder? :icon_twisted: ;)
na das hätte ich gerne mal belegt. Ansonsten kann Trash durchaus unterhaltsam sein, wenn er sich nicht ernst nimmt, was leider viel zu oft der Fall ist.

low

ZitatNa ja, die Leihgebühr wird er aber dennoch wert sein, allein schon wegen Michelle Rodriguez, die einfach nur rockt, egal was alle anderen hier sagen. Möge sie "Lost" noch lange erhalten bleiben!
Ich steh zu Dir Hankey, aber ich kann verstehen warum so viele gegen MR sind. Das ist ne extrem "herbe" Frau und die meisten stehen wohl auf was schnuckeliges  ;)

Und was Wes betrifft muss man wohl wirklich sagen, dass die meisten Sachen (egal ob aus der "presents" oder auch seine älteren Werke) ziemlich grottig sind. Aber was ist mit Last House on the left und The Hills have eyes ? Die mögen zwar nicht die Uberhorrorfilme sein, aber ich halte beide keinsefalls für schlecht.

Vielleicht wird der Film ja doch ganz witzig und da ich meine Videotanke sowieso schon so gut wie durch habe, ist neues Material immer willkommen :D

Liquid Love

Hier die Releaseinfos von mc-one

Verleih ab 24.10.2006
Verkauf ab 16.11.2006
Extras:   Behind the Scenes; Trailer in deutsch; Making of; Programmhinweise; Fotogalerie

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020