OFDb

The Last Crew ("King of NY"-Prequel von Abel Ferrara)

Begonnen von StS, 20 Januar 2006, 12:20:48

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

20 Januar 2006, 12:20:48 Letzte Bearbeitung: 20 Januar 2006, 12:26:50 von StS
Klar ist es unnötig, ein Prequel des Meisterwerks "King of New York" zu drehen, doch da Ferrara selbst Hand anlegt, bin ich mal verhalten optimistisch sowie gespannt, was dabei herauskommt (obwohl Walken natürlich schmerzhaft vermisst werden wird), zumal sein letzter Film ("Mary") wieder ein Schritt in die richtige Richtung (nach "R X-Mas") war...

ZitatFerrara Making New York Prequel
Source: Production Weekly, January 20, 2006

Cult indie filmmaker Abel Ferrara's next project will be a prequel to his 1990 crime thriller King of New York, which starred Christopher Walken, says Production Weekly.

The Last Crew will be set in the 1970s, a time when New York was on the verge of bankruptcy and crime was rampant. During Studio 54's heyday in early '70s New York, mobster Frank White's association with President Carter's chief-of-staff enables Frank to get away with murder: of Vinny, his childrhood friend turned loose cannon; Fallon, his model girlfriend-turned Fed; Saiid, a Saudi car importer; and Angel, a drug dealer.

The project will shoot on location in New York at the end of March.

Bin auf die Besetzung gespannt...  :icon_confused:
Hier ein unbestätigtes Gerücht, das aber von diversen Quellen aufgegriffen wurde:
ZitatTitle: "The Last Crew". Mark Wahlberg is going to play the younger version of  Christopher Walken´s "King of New York". Sean "Puffy" Combs is going to score the film. Drea de Matteo and Gretchen Mol are in the cast.
In Cannes, Ferrara told interviewers that he wants to explore the "King´s" background, his youth and how he ended up in jail the first time.  (miscellanea.de)
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020