OFDb

Gridiron Gang (Football-Knast-Drama von Phil Joanou mit the Rock & Xzibit)

Begonnen von StS, 13 Mai 2006, 21:13:32

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Director: Phil Joanou
Screenwriter: Jeff Maguire
Starring: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Xzibit, Danny Martinez, Mo, Trever O'Brien, Six Reasons, Brandon Smith, Jade Yorker, Robert Zepeda, Michael Jace, Bill Smitrovich
Genre: Drama
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for some startling scenes of violence, mature thematic material and language)

Plot Summary: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and MTV's "Pimp My Ride" host, Xzibit, star in a story based on actual events about the creation of a football team within the confines of a juvenile detention camp.

"Gridiron Gang" tells the uplifting story of detention camp probation officer Sean Porter (Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson), who creates a high-school-level football team from a ragtag group of dangerous teenage inmates as a means to teach them self-respect and social responsibility. He is joined in this experiment by co-worker, Malcolm Moore (Xzibit).

But Porter must first overcome almost universal resistance from the powers that be -- his skeptical bosses and coaches at rival high schools who don't want their players mixing it up with convicted criminals on the football field.

Based on the Emmy Award-winning 1993 television documentary by Lee and Linda Stanley, the film chronicles the rise of the Camp Kilpatrick Mustangs as they bond together to achieve the impossible: a chance to play in their league's championship game.

Trailer:
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/gridirongang.html

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

schlitzauge23

Doom war ja eher enttäuschend, GG dürfte da wieder nen nettes unterhaltsames Filmchen werden. Trailer sieht jedenfalls ganz gut aus.

StS

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

cinependent

Ja der könnte was werden , aber vorsichtshalber die Erwartungen nicht so hoch schrauben

Dracula

The Rock sieht irgendwie ganz schön schmal aus auf dem Foto. Täuscht das oder hat der so abgebaut?
Wenn Steven Seagal ins Wasser springt wird er nicht nass, aber das Wasser wird Steven Seagal...

Into each generation, a slayer is born.   

THIS IS WHO WE ARE

StS

So, ich gebe dem Streifen nun, nach dem Sichten, eine "4 von 10", die sich allerdings etwas schlimmer anhoert, als der Film im Endeffekt ist. Handwerklich topp gemacht, das muss man anerkennen, folgt der Verlauf allerdings viel zu stark dem "inspirierenden" Muster der Masse dieser Streifen - nahezu voellig ohne Ueberraschungen. Man wird unterhalten, zumal the Rock seine Sache gut macht, doch einfach alles verlauft strikt "by the Numbers", was das Vergnuegen doch etwas nach unten drueckt. Football-Fans kommen auf jeden Fall auf ihre Kosten. Kann man sich durchaus ansehen, muss man aber nicht.

StS

So, ich habe meine ursprüngliche Bewertung noch einmal überdacht und geringfügig nach oben korrigiert.
Review ist ebenfalls fertig.
Den deutschen Titel "Spiel auf Bewährung" finde ich übrigens weniger gelungen...

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020