OFDb

Secret in their Eyes (Ejiofor, Roberts, Kidman)

Begonnen von StS, 30 Juni 2015, 19:36:59

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Director: Billy Ray
Starring: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts

A tight-knit team of rising FBI investigators – Ray (Chiwetel Ejiofor) and Jess (Julia Roberts), along with their District Attorney supervisor Claire (Nicole Kidman) – is suddenly torn apart when they discover that Jess's teenage daughter has been brutally and inexplicably murdered.

Now, thirteen years later, after obsessively searching every day for the elusive killer, Ray finally uncovers a new lead that he's certain can permanently resolve the case, nail the vicious murderer, and bring long-desired closure to his team. No one is prepared, however, for the shocking, unspeakable secret that will reveal the enduring, destructive effects of personal vengeance on the human soul.

Interweaving past and present, this deeply layered mystery explores the murky boundaries between justice and revenge, and asks the question: how far would you go to right an unfathomable wrong?   

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD_IlSSFVX4
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

StS

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

Bei Billy Ray´s 2015er Mystery-Thriller-Drama ,,Secret in their Eyes" handelt es sich um das US-Remake von Juan José Campanella´s ,,El secreto de sus ojos" – dem ,,Oscar"-Preisträger für die beste fremdsprachige Produktion 2009. Gut besetzt mit Chiwetel Ejiofor, Nicole Kidman und Julia Roberts in den Hauptrollen, handwerklich solide umgesetzt sowie (im Zuge einer seiner beiden Zeitebenen) in einem nicht uninteressanten ,,kurz-nach-9/11"-Kontext eingebettet, kann das fertige Ergebnis ,,unterm Strich" jedoch nur bedingt überzeugen, u.a. da das Gebotene im Grunde bloß wie ,,Standard-Genre-Kost" anmutet sowie die drei ,,zentralen Komponenten" leider nur partiell zufrieden stellend ,,ausgelotet" wurden: Die gesellschaftliche Situation Anfang 2002, die Jagd auf den Killer sowie die emotionale, ausgelöst durch den brutalen Mord an einer jungen Frau/Tochter/Bekannten (inklusive der zugehörigen Schuldgefühle und ,,Nachwehen"). Zudem wird mit Rückblenden gearbeitet, anstatt sich chronologisch zu entfalten – was der Spannungserzeugung eher im Wege steht als zuträglich ist – und empfand ich den ,,Twist" am Ende als nicht halb so ,,schockierend", wie er gewiss gedacht war...

4/10

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020