OFDb

The Barrens [Bousman/Moyer/Kirshner]

Begonnen von RoboLuster, 10 Juni 2012, 20:23:34

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

RoboLuster

10 Juni 2012, 20:23:34 Letzte Bearbeitung: 10 Juni 2012, 20:25:07 von RoboLuster

Stephen Moyer gegen den Jersey Devil. Mit Mia Kirshner, von Darren Lynn Bousman

Synopsis:
Despite their reluctance, Richard Marlow (Moyer) takes his wife, Cynthia (Kirshner); their young son, Danny; and his teenage daughter, Sadie, to the Pine Barrens for a long weekend of camping and family bonding. As they arrive at the Wharton State Forest, a mutilated deer runs out into the road, nearly colliding with the Marlows' car. Later that evening another bloodied animal falls from a tree. Bad turns to worse when, in the middle of the night, a college boy camping nearby disappears into the woods. Nevertheless, Richard presses the family to hike farther into the forest to the spot where he used to camp with his father. He is feverish, and a past wound on his arm appears badly infected, but when it begins to rain, there is no turning back. Richard's sickness soon becomes debilitating; his headaches turn to hallucinations. What's worse, he believes there is something stalking them...something with yellow eyes, pointed horns, and the wings of a bat - THE JERSEY DEVIL. The disfigured bodies of the missing camper and another college boy soon turn up. The Marlows must fight for their lives as the horrifying answer reveals itself in a shocking and tragic conclusion

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/47732/first-images-escape-barrens

The legend of The Jersey Devil has been passed along for hundreds of years as the creature has risen from obscurity to take its place alongside the Loch Ness Monster, Big Foot, and the Chupacabra. The creature is deeply rooted in New Jersey culture; the local NHL team takes its name from the creature, and Bruce Springsteen put his own spin on the legend in "A Night with the Jersey Devil."

Da freu ich mich drauf. :D
https://youtu.be/RPQOMyyg9b8                          
"Shoot first, think never!" - Ash

StS

Zitat von: RoboLuster am 10 Juni 2012, 20:23:34
Da freu ich mich drauf. :D

Ich mich auch. Ich mag Bousman, Moyer und Frau Kirshner jeweils recht gern - und bin zudem gespannt, was ersterer aus der guten alten "Jersey Devil"-Geschichte macht.  :D
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

JasonXtreme

Och schade, beim Wort "Barrens" hab ich auf ne adäquate Serienumsetzung von Kings ES gehofft :lol:
"Hör mal, du kannst mein Ding nicht Prinzessin Sofia nennen. Wenn du meinem Ding schon einen Namen geben willst, dann muss es schon was supermaskulines sein. Sowas wie Spike oder Butch oder Krull, The Warrior King, aber NICHT Prinzessin Sofia."

StS

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Angelus Mortis

Doch doch, sieht ganz nett aus, der Trailer. Darf kommen. :D

Moonshade

Overacting galore (in der Hauptrolle), dauernde Flackschnittorgien, stetes Kreischen und Heulen und ein Plot, der leider edding-fett nur auf eine Lösung hinweist (
Spoiler: zeige
Papa hat Tollwut
), was ja bedeutet,
dass da am Ende die gegenteilige Pointe noch kommen MUSS
!

Hätte das Ding echt gern gemocht, aber die wirre Blair-Witch-Zumische (die auch gleich noch als solche identifiziert wird) macht die Sache auch nicht wirklich gut und das
Monstervieh ist wenig überzeugend

Da ist Bousman für mich eher unterdurchschnittlich - Paranoia kann man auch wesentlich weniger aufdringlich abbilden, ohne dass die Figuren so nerven. 4/10
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020