OFDb

Euphoria (US-Version, HBO)

Begonnen von StS, 22 Juli 2021, 18:12:16

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

22 Juli 2021, 18:12:16 Letzte Bearbeitung: 27 November 2021, 11:52:18 von StS

A look at life for a group of high school students as they grapple with issues of drugs, sex, and violence.

Euphoria (US-Version, Season 1) ... Rewatch

9/10

Ja, inhaltlich mag die Serie von Sam Levinson ("Assassination Nation", "Malcolm & Marie") nichts wirklich Neues an den Tisch bringen... aber u.a. die Art, wie der Inhalt präsentiert wird, ist einfach klasse. Sex, Drogen, Liebe, Coming-of-Age, Identitätssuche, Teen-Angst, Herzschmerz... die Themen werden "stilistisch akzentuert", aber realistisch und erwachsen dargereicht. HBO-typisch wird alles zudem sehr "direkt" präsentiert... die Optik ist stylish-schick... erzählerische und visuelle Kreativität wird geboten (Kamera- und Editing-Abeit, toll arrangierte Sequenzen)... die Musikauswahl ist treffsicher-passend und vor allem sind die zentralen (vorwiegend mehrschichtig und "menschlich-unvollkommen" gezeichneten) Protagonisten so, dass man mit ihnen mitfühlt. Zendaya und Hunter Schafer sind als Leads schlichtweg fantastisch. Düster, emotional, mitunter unbehaglich und audio-visuell stark... meine liebste Serie der vergangenen Jahre.

Und allein das kraftvolle Staffelfinale so zu gestalten... als Song&Dance-Nummer... wow:

Wunderbar, dass bald eine 2. Season kommt.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

StS

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

StS

Wunderbarerweise ist Season 2 ein großer Erfolg...   :happy2:

ZitatEuphoria: Viewership for the HBO series is up nearly 100% from season 1

HBO's Euphoria may be a target because of its perceived glamorization of drugs, sex, and violence involving teens but that hasn't stopped it from being a hit with viewers. Season one of the series achieved success but Season two has, so far, been a ratings dream for HBO.

Per Variety, Euphoria has nearly doubled its season one per-episode viewership. The season two premiere, which aired on January 9, 2022, has pulled in 13.1 million viewers across multiple HBO and HBO Max to date. In addition to this, Episodes 2 and 3 have tracked similarly in viewership and this represents close to a +100% increase over season one which saw a 6.6 million average audience size during the summer of 2019.

The big difference this year is that season two of Euphoria is getting a big streaming push via HBO Max. Season one aired in a pre-HBO Max world, although it was available on HBO Now and HBO Go at the time. The marketing strategy has really pushed viewers to catch the show via streaming as well as linear viewings and that could be why the series has seen a sharp increase over its season one performance.

Sunday's episode of Euphoria, its fourth, drew 3.2 million viewers across three linear airings on HBO and streams on HBO Max. This makes it the second-most-watched episode of the series ever, behind only Episode 3 of this current season which reached 3.6 million viewers. Comparing Episode 4's performance from this season versus season one, the episode was up a staggering 166%. Euphoria season two has hit series highs in viewership each week from its January 9 premiere, except for this last episode and that is being attributed to competing with the much-watched NFC Championship game on Fox that night.

Euphoria is a look at life for a group of high school students as they grapple with issues of drugs, sex, and violence. It's loosely based on the Israeli series of the same name and creator Sam Levinson based the series on his own experiences as a teenager, including his struggles with depression, anxiety, and drug addiction. While some critics were critical of the show's depiction of teenage drug use, sex, and violence, most of them praised the show for its honest performances, visual style, and its unflinching portrayal of a subject matter involving teens that most would ignore or sugarcoat.

(Joblo.com)

...hoffentlich erbarmt sich einer nun endlich mal und haut die Serie auf Blu raus!

Moonshade

Interesse hab ich schon, aber dafür Sky zu buchen kommt aktuell nicht in Frage, aber ich mach mir ne Notiz.
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

StS

Ich hatte mir Staffel 1 bei Prime gekauft.
Sky würde ich auch nicht extra dafür buchen.

StS

StS

ZitatEuphoria season finale causes HBO Max to crash

It looks like Euphoria fans were very excited to watch the season two finale last night because there are reports that are indicating that HBO Max began to crash on Sunday evening when the finale was set to hit the streamer (...)

Access to HBO Max was seemingly restored within half an hour of the initial issues.
Complaints spiked on DownDetector to more than 52,000 around 9:05 PM EST but they slowed to 4,000 by 9:20 PM EST.

It's no surprise that the finale made HBO Max hit a snag.
Viewership for Euphoria has climbed week after week and the season finale was the fever pitch for a season two that has seen the show hit incredible heights.

Just yesterday it was reported that Euphoria is the most tweeted about series of the decade on Twitter.

Ganzer Artikel: Joblo.com

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020