OFDb

Asking for it (Feminism-Action-Exploitation-Flick mit V. Hudgens und E. Miller)

Begonnen von StS, 1 Februar 2022, 18:42:12

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

In Asking For It, we find Vanessa Hudgens, Kiersey Clemons, and Alexandra Shipp leading a no-mercy all-femme gang in an edgy thriller about a group of women who've had more than enough of the opposite sex. After a small-town waitress (Clemons) is sexually assaulted on a date, she meets Regina (Shipp) and Beatrice (Hudgens) and is recruited into their vigilante group of badass women. Together they strive to take down a society overpowered by corrupt men and seek the ultimate revenge while getting their version of justice.

Asking For It also stars Ezra Miller (The Flash, We Need to Talk About Kevin) as Mark Vanderhill, leader of the men's rights movement that sets up shop in the small town. Other stars include Radha Mitchell (Pitch Black, Silent Hill), Gabourey Sidibe (Precious, Seven Psychopaths), and Luke Hemsworth (Westworld, Thor: Ragnorok).

Directed and written by Eamon O'Rourke.

Ab dem 04. März in den USA...
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Terry Noonan

"a group of women who've had more than enough of the opposite sex."

"take down a society overpowered by corrupt men"

Jawoll, schön verallgemeinern und nicht nur die sowieso viel zu vielzähligen männlichen Bösewichter, sondern gleich die ganze Gesellschaft zerstören, da sie sich von den bösen Männern "overpowern" lässt, oder, was wohl eher vermutet wird, mit den bösen Männern sogar unter einer Decke steck!

Dann doch lieber "Coffy", da sind es klar echte Schmierlappen und Gangster, die plattgemacht werden.
Und für den unschuldigen männlichen Filmfan gibt's dazu noch dicke Möpse zu sehen - da stimmt dann die Mischung!

:mr.green:
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

StS

Zitat von: Terry Noonan am  1 Februar 2022, 19:38:58"a group of women who've had more than enough of the opposite sex."

"take down a society overpowered by corrupt men"

Jawoll, schön verallgemeinern und nicht nur die sowieso viel zu vielzähligen männlichen Bösewichter, sondern gleich die ganze Gesellschaft zerstören, da sie sich von den bösen Männern "overpowern" lässt, oder, was wohl eher vermutet wird, mit den bösen Männern sogar unter einer Decke steck!

Naja, humorig-überspitzte B-Movie-Exploitation-Streifen waren noch nie für Subtilität bekannt.

Und dicke Moppen mag ich nicht so gern. Aber in der Hinsicht hast Du zumindest mit Gabourey Sidibe Deine Freude... ich indes mit Hudgens, Clemons, Shipp und Mitchell  :happy3:
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020