OFDb

Late Night with the Devil (Dämonen in ner Talkshow, 1977)

Begonnen von StS, 9 Februar 2024, 09:06:04

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

"On Halloween night 1977, America gathered around for a live TV event that shocked a nation," the eerie trailer for Late Night with the Devil begins. "What happened was real. What you're about to see is the recently discovered master tape of what went to air that night."

IFC Films & Shudder will release Late Night with the Devil theatrically on March 22 before it heads to Shudder exclusively on April 19, 2024.

David Dastmalchian stars as Jack Delroy, the charismatic host of "Night Owls," and the film traces the ill-fated taping of a live Halloween special in 1977 plagued by a demonic presence.

The energetic and innovative feature hails from Australian writing-directing team Colin and Cameron Cairnes (100 Bloody Acres, Scare Campaign). 

Soll ordentlich sein. Merk ich mir mal.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Moonshade

Das klingt - auch im Zeitkontext - sehr interessant, auch wenn sie da quasi eine Variante des berühmten "Ghostwatch"-TV-Specials von 1992 in Großbritannien aufbieten.

Würd ich mir ansehen.
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

StS

Zitat von: Moonshade am  9 Februar 2024, 10:05:56...auch wenn sie da quasi eine Variante des berühmten "Ghostwatch"-TV-Specials von 1992 in Großbritannien aufbieten.

Jip, das wurde im Zusammenhang mit dem Film öfters erwähnt.

Muss zu meiner Schande jedoch gestehen, darüber so gut wie nichts zu wissen.
Muss in der Richtung wohl mal recherchieren...    :happy3:
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

Moonshade

Ja, ich würde das auch gern mal sehen, aber es war eine Weile nicht "free" irgendwo zu haben, aber es hat wohl eine längerfristige traumatische Wirkung auf das UK-Publikum im TV gehabt und steht wohl unter Kindheitstraumata bei vielen ganz hoch auf den Bestenlisten (genauso wie die "Day After"-Uk-Variante "Threads" von 1983). Ghostwatch ist quasi deren "Millionenspiel", von der Wirkung her.
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

StS

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020