OFDb

Mother of Tears (Argento)

Begonnen von StS, 24 November 2005, 13:16:32

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

ganymed

17 März 2006, 21:58:03 #30 Letzte Bearbeitung: 17 März 2006, 22:02:15 von ganymed
und die vorfreude steigt
dario wird sich bestimmt ganz schön reinhängen

die ersten beiden teile sind zwar nicht meine liebsten argentos aber müssen vieleicht öfter geschaut werden

StS

Okay, mal abgesehen davon, dass ich Argento bereits abgeschrieben habe (mit jedem Film seit Jahren liefert er mir dafür ja auch fleißig Bestätigung), glaube ich nicht, dass es ein gutes Zeichen ist, dass gerade die Jungs das Drehbuch liefern, die zuletzt "Mortuary" verbrochen haben ... aber mal abwarten - es soll ja noch Wunder geben.  :icon_wink:
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Pinhead_X

also man sollte abwarten was passiert. Auch wenn das Drehbuch nicht ganz so geil ist, kommt es immer noch auf die Umsetzung an und ich denke das man bei Argento da auf einiges hoffen darf. Ich bin zumindest Vorurteilsfrei und warte gespannt ab was da kommen mag.  :andy:
We'll never stop, we'll never quit, 'cause we're Metallica!!!
Meine Musik

StS

Argento's 'Third Mother' Ready to Shoot, with Substantial Budget!

Today some big news popped up online regarding Dario Argento's highly anticipated Mother of Tears (aka Third Mother). The Horror Channel discovered, "Over at the official site for Profondo Rosso, the Italian store run by Luigi Cozzi that specializes in Italian horror collectibles, news was posted a few days back that Argento would be heading back to Italy to shoot 'Third Mother', which apparently has a pretty large budget thanks to Medusa and an American backer. Adam Gierasch and Jace Anderson (The Toolbox Murders) wrote the screenplay." 'Mother' is the final film in the 'Suspiria' and 'Inferno' trilogy. (Bloody Disgusting)

http://www.profondorossostore.com/News/news_pag04.htm
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

Otori

Eigentlich freu' ich mich ja ziemlich auf Mother Of Tears. Allerdings macht es mir doch Angst, dass die Typen, die das Script zu Mortuary verbrochen haben, das Drehbuch geschrieben haben. Mortuary ist einfach so eine unglaubliche Zumutung, dass ich wirklich Schlimmes befürchte.

Hasenbein

Aber das ganze ist nach wie vor nur geplant, die haben ja bis jetzt noch nix gefilmt, oder? Wenn die das wirklich machen, bin ich mal ziemlich gespannt, da Suspiria in meiner Top Ten ist. Aber wie auch bereits bei Sleepless und den anderen neuen der Fall,  befürchte ich, dass auch hier der Charme seiner alten Filme nicht zu reproduzieren sein wird. Allein schon das aufwendige Kameraverfahren, also mit drei Filmen für Rot, Gelb(oder Grün?) und Blau zu arbeiten, um die Technicolor-Filme zu imitieren, wird bestimmt mit der Begründung, "das kann man heut alles am PC machen", gestrichen werden. Wurde, glaub ich, bereits bei Inferno nicht mehr gemacht, zumindest sieht er nicht so gut aus. Dieser litt vor allem darunter, dass nicht durchgängig die hypnotische Musik läuft. Ohje, sie können so viel falsch machen, ich will gar nicht dran denken...
Das Problem am Buch Eibon ist, dass alle nur die erste Seite lesen. Sonst würden sie das "große Geheimnis" kennen.

ganymed

Ich habe ja keine grossen bedenken, weil mir ja darios neuere filme besser gefallen haben. Was mich aber schon wundert das er das drehbuch nicht selber schreibt. Oder er nimmt das drehbuch noch als anreiz dazu beim drehen, und überarbeitet sowieso die stellen die ihm nicht gefallen.

Müss mir aber sowiesio nochmal suspiria und inferno anschauen.

StS

Dario Argento's THE MOTHER OF TEARS: Argento was unhappy with the screenplay as written by Adam Gierasch and Jace Anderson and rewrote the whole thing himself back in December. The filming of the new Dario Argento film will begin in June, completing the cult "Three Mothers" trilogy that began in 1977 with SUSPIRIA and continued in 1980 with INFERNO.

According to Variety's report from Cannes, where the plans were announced to the press, the film's plot will be a tale of witches and suicide in modern Rome. The trilogy is based on a book written by the alchemist Varelli [well, not really] according to which the Three Mothers - Mater Suspirorum, Mater Tenebrarum and Mater Lacrimarum - each inhabit one of three cursed houses in three different cities: Freiburg, New York and the Italian capital. The Mother of Tears will take up from where Inferno left off, with one of the witches who survived the destruction of the New York house watching an inspector in charge of investigating a series of mysterious murders at a university. Written by the director, with Jace Anderson and Adam Gierasch, and produced by Medusa with American co-funding, the film will star Ennio Fantastichini in the role of the detective, Chiara Caselli as a psychiatrist, Max Von Sydow as a university professor with a mysterious past, and the young Giordano Petri as the investigator who takes charge of the inquiry when Fantastichini's character is killed. (thanks to Whiggles.landofwhimsy.com)

Otori

Das sind ja fantastische Neuigkeiten! Dufte, dass Argento doch noch selber an dem Skript mitwerkelte - ist ja schließlich auch sein Baby. Jetzt kann ich es als alter Suspiria-Fan kaum noch erwarten...

Dr. STRG+C+V n0NAMe

Das hört sich wirklich schon besser an. Die Darsteller, die mir vom Namen her was sagen, gefallen mir auch schon mal gut. Jetzt muss das ganz nur vernünftig rüberkommen. Ich freu mich jedenfalls erstmal ein wenig.
Aktueller Rang: Sergeant of the Master Sergeants Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants to the Max
---
Carpenter Brut - Le Perv
---
Carpenter Brut - Obituary
---
Pertubator - Miami Disco

Hasenbein

Das Problem am Buch Eibon ist, dass alle nur die erste Seite lesen. Sonst würden sie das "große Geheimnis" kennen.

Anna Bolika

Ist das jetzt dasselbe projekt wie der angekündigte "Terza madre"? Scheint so, oder? Hoffentlich besser als Card Player.

StS

ZitatTHE MOTHER OF TEARS: Direct from critic and all-round Dario Argento expert Alan Jones, author of "Profondo Argento", comes the first truly official news on the script for the upcoming MOTHER OF TEARS His entire report bears repeating here (hope no-one minds!), although readers should be warned that it contains spoilers:

Set in modern-day Rome, it begins with the church grave of legendary occult fighter Oscar de la Vallee being unearthed by bulldozers. Chained to the coffin by crucifixes is an urn that is sent to Rome museum art restoration student Sarah Mandy (Sienna Miller in talks to play the part according to Cannes hype).

Unsealing the urn with her friend Giselle she finds a red satin robe encrusted with jewels, a golden dagger and three demonic terracotta figures. They all belong to the Mother of Tears (Mater Lachrymarum as per De Quincey, spelt Lachrimarum in the script) reborn through Giselle cutting her finger while opening up the urn. The three deformed demons spring to life and eviscerate Giselle, garrotting her with her own intestines, in a spectacular set piece clearly meant to rival the SUSPIRIA opening.

This puts Sarah on the run from occult forces through a panic-stricken Rome, awash in a rash of crime and suicides, to uncover the truth about her mysterious spiritual past, and face the cruellest Mother of all at the vast Palazzo Varelli. The story is full of marvellous moments (the Mother of Tears bleeds jewels that scorch the skin), outrageous gore (one character becomes a demonic buffet while still alive, someone gets chopped pieces, assorted deaths by medieval torture instruments) and terrific special effects (the Mother licking the tears off crying faces with a giant tongue, Sarah's guardian angel appearing in powder blown from a compact).

It connects to Suspiria and Inferno in very intriguing ways – the Tanz Akademie students, ornate wall decorations revealing secret passages, and the pivotal clue "What you see doesn't exist and what you can't see is truth". And there's even a crazed PHENOMENA monkey too!

What really scares me about the picture is its sheer scale. Although it's now an Italian Medusa and Myriad Pictures co-production (the latter American company made JEEPERS CREEPERS 2 and the current FACTORY GIRL – with Sienna Miller), it's going to need a lot of money behind it. There's an elaborate animated ancient text sequence for a start, not to mention the huge Cinecitta sets, and many (Sergio Stivalettii?) scenes that will require extensive CGI augmentation – psychic hallucinations, the demons, a flaming telephone cable stretching for miles, the number of extras involved from the covens of witches gathering in Rome to the ultimate orgy.

None of this is going to be cheap and it will all have to look as epic and gorgeous as the two prior films in the trilogy. Despite a rather formula narrative – every time Sarah is given vital information the informant is horrifically killed in the next scene – the set pieces are just incredible. My favourite being the MOT walking down a wall as her bejewelled robe casts primary colour reflections on her amassed worshippers. Oh dear, I'm getting quite excited about the Mother of Tears. All the material is definitely there, lets hope Dario can pull his long-awaited sequel off. (thanks to DarkDreams.org)

StS

Etwas OT, aber passend zur Reihe:

ZitatArgento's 'Suspiria' Being Remade as Anime?!

Anime Nation reports that Japanese message boards are saying that animation studio Gonzo will be producing an anime remark of Dario Argento's Suspiria, directed by Solty Rei's Hiraike Yoshimasa. In Dario Argento's classic 1977 film, a newcomer to a fancy ballet academy gradually comes to realize that the staff of the school are actually a coven of witches bent on chaos and destruction. The Mother of Tears, the finale of the trilogy, is finally being filmed later this year.

Source: Anime Nation / Bloody Disgusting

Hedning

Ich finde es eigentlich ein bisschen schwach, dass der dritte Teil nicht wie die vorhergehenden einen lateinischen Titel bekommt. Da es schon Namen wie "Suspiria" und "Tenebre" gibt, müsste der Film konsequenterweise "Lacrimae" oder "Mater Lacrimarum" heißen, aber nein, angeblich muss alles, was international erfolgreich sein will, einen Titel in der amerikanischen Herrensprache haben.

StS

Laut der Profondo Rosso store official site wird Asia Argento die Hauptrolle übernehmen, die Dreharbeiten wurden verzögert und beginnen nun wohl erst im November.

ganymed

10 September 2006, 20:52:43 #46 Letzte Bearbeitung: 10 September 2006, 20:59:33 von ganymed
Das freut mich wirklich. Hab ja gehofft das dario wieder mit asia einen film macht. Gestern hab ich das längere interview von 2003 auf der deep red dvd von dragon gesehen und da sagt er ja das er die 3 filme mit asia als trilogie angelegt hat.
Für mich auf jeden fall eine sehr schöne nachricht das sie wieder was zusammen machen.

Werd mich auch nochmal umsehen wie es vorrangeht. War nämlich auch gestern schon vorfreudig auf einen den film.

StS

Verdammt! Jetzt gibt es doch zumindest einen Grund, warum ich den Film sehen "muss"!  :anime:

;)

ZitatTHE MOTHER OF TEARS: According to Udo Kier's official web site, the legendary actor will be in the next Dario Argento movie. Italian actress Coralina Cataldi Tassoni, who has appeared in Dario Argento's OPERA and PHANTOM OF THE OPERA reveals she's reteaming with the director: "I'm in Rome right now preparing for Dario's MOTHER OF TEARS,". "I am quite excited, since the fans have been waiting years for this to happen." As those fans know, MOTHER is the third film in the Argento trilogy begun by SUSPIRIA and INFERNO; TOOLBOX MURDERS' remake Adam Gierasch and Jace Anderson collaborated with the director on the new movie's script. Details of the storyline are being kept under wraps, and Tassoni adds, "As you can imagine, by request of the studio, I cannot at this early point give out any information, besides saying that I will be in the movie." (thanks to DarkDreams.org & Fangoria.com)

StS

12 Januar 2007, 19:06:17 #48 Letzte Bearbeitung: 12 Januar 2007, 19:08:32 von StS
Etwas Bildmaterial gefällig? Download:
http://www.cinecitta.com/news/documenti/video/2006/12/cinecittanewsbites44(preview).wmv
(nicht blinzeln, sonst verpasst Ihr´s!)  ;)

Hedning

Nicht schlecht, oder? Sieht vom Stil her ziemlich italienisch aus.

miou-miou

"I saw three of these dusters a short time ago, they were waiting for a train. Inside the dusters, there were three men. Inside the men, there were three bullets."

nickpicker

Auch in Sachen Gewalt scheint sich Argento nicht untreu geworden zu sein:
http://www.schnittberichte.com/news.php?ID=289
Aber das kennen wir ja schon von vielen Filmen (Stichwort unrated) und ich glaube, niemand hätte mit einem uncut-Kinorelease gerechnet (bleibt wieder mal abzuwarten, was die FSK im weiteren noch rausnimmt).
Ich freu mich jedenfalls gewaltig auf dieses Ding. Das MUSS ein neues Hoch von Argento werden! :icon_razz:

Dr. Phibes (Buurman)

Würde auch erst mal abwarten. Für das US-Kino würde ich es noch verstehen, aber das italienische? Die haben doch teilweise Freigaben jenseits von gut und böse. Spätestens auf DVD wird der Film dann ungeschnitten zu bewundern sein, und sei es nur wegen der üblichen Abzockermasche (Unrated Dir. cut bla bla). Und ich glaube nicht, dass es Argebnto einfach hinnehmen wird, dass sein finales Meisterwerk (hoffentlich) nur geschnitten zu sehen sein wird.

nickpicker

Zitat von: Dr. Phibes am 27 März 2007, 12:31:10
aber das italienische? Die haben doch teilweise Freigaben jenseits von gut und böse.

Nicht ganz richtig. Die geben zwar z.B. Robocop ab 14 frei, haben aber auch ihre eigenen Kandidaten, bei denen die Wellen ganz schön hochschlagen (s. Salò). Mit letzterem Film gab's in Deutschland weit weniger Probleme. Freigaben jenseits von gut und böse würde ich eher in Frankreich (bsp. Sin City und Bay of Blood ab 12) oder den Niederlanden suchen.
Lange Rede, kurzer Sinn: Auch in Italien kommt nicht alles durch, also wäre ich mir beim neuesten Argento nicht von vornherein sicher.

Hedning

Spätestens seit "Jenifer" weiß ich, dass auch bei Argento viel Gewalt und Grausamkeit noch lange keinen guten Film macht. Mir fällt auf, ich habe noch gar nicht Ti piacere Hitchcock gesehen, die Scheibe kostet immer noch so viel... Nun ja, der Stil ist das entscheidende, und ich hoffe doch sehr, dass wir ein paar richtig atmosphärische, wohlkomponierte Bilder mit kräftigen Farben zu sehen bekommen.
Und bitte so unamerikanisch wie möglich, dieser Teenie-Minderheitenquoten-Kack muss endlich mal ein Ende haben im Horrorgenre.

StS

Zitat von: Hedning am 27 März 2007, 15:31:04
Spätestens seit "Jenifer" weiß ich, dass auch bei Argento viel Gewalt und Grausamkeit noch lange keinen guten Film macht.

"Pelts" ist noch deutlich blutiger ausgefallen - aber auch da fehlt irgendwie das gewisse Etwas...

miou-miou

Zitat von: Hedning am 27 März 2007, 15:31:04
Mir fällt auf, ich habe noch gar nicht Ti piacere Hitchcock gesehen, die Scheibe kostet immer noch so viel...
Die Scheibe gibts bei ebay ovp öfters für unter 10 Euro ... und die Investition lohnt sich allemal, wenn man jetzt nicht unbedingt abgehackte Arme als Voraussetzung für einen gutem Film sieht. Schön athmosphärisch!
"I saw three of these dusters a short time ago, they were waiting for a train. Inside the dusters, there were three men. Inside the men, there were three bullets."

Hedning

Zitat von: miou-miou am 28 März 2007, 01:12:22wenn man jetzt nicht unbedingt abgehackte Arme als Voraussetzung für einen gutem Film sieht.

Naja, abgehackte Köpfe, Beine oder sonst was tun's zur Not auch... Danke, ich werde mein Glück mal versuchen.

Dr. Phibes (Buurman)

Zitat von: nickpicker am 27 März 2007, 15:20:21
Nicht ganz richtig. Die geben zwar z.B. Robocop ab 14 frei, haben aber auch ihre eigenen Kandidaten, bei denen die Wellen ganz schön hochschlagen (s. Salò). Mit letzterem Film gab's in Deutschland weit weniger Probleme. Freigaben jenseits von gut und böse würde ich eher in Frankreich (bsp. Sin City und Bay of Blood ab 12) oder den Niederlanden suchen.
Lange Rede, kurzer Sinn: Auch in Italien kommt nicht alles durch, also wäre ich mir beim neuesten Argento nicht von vornherein sicher.

Natürlich richtig, mit gut und böse meinte ich nur, dass so ziemlich alle Argentos in Italien maximal ab 14 sind, Tenebre ist sogar per tutti. :doof:
Daher kann ich mir es nicht vorstellen, dass man gerade in Italien eine Ikone wie Argento seine Fassung versagt. Aber all das spekulieren bringt eh nichts, wir müssen den Oktober abwarten, was in Italien und auf diversen Festivals passieren wird. Aber die DVD wird uncut kommen, ganz sicher.  :icon_mrgreen: 

Dr. Phibes (Buurman)

Gute und schlechte News, auch bezüglich, dass der Film geschnitten kommt:

Mariana, who runs the Ode to Azia Asia Argento tribute site, has kindly scanned and uploaded a two-page article on the upcoming The Third Mother from the Italian newspaper l'Espresso. Apparently the text is extremely spoiler-intensive, even going so far as to give away the ending, so you may not want to look at it if you read Italian. Ignoring the text however, however, you can still enjoy the rather fuzzy and hard to make out photos from the film itself and the set, which showcase, among others, Asia Argento and the Mother of Tears herself, Moran Atias.

Composer Claudio Simonetti has also posted about the film on the forum for his web site, and Dark Discussion member Mannfan has kindly summarised some of the most important points:

- The music is done and the mixing of the Italian and English tracks has just been done.
    - Simonetti worked almost 4 months on the soundtrack... there are some nods in this music to Jerry Goldsmith, Bernard Herrmann, Carl Orff... its style is classical and also a bit Gothic, especially in the use of choir... Simonetti is very proud of his music, one of his most beautiful and accomplished.
    - The cinematography is dark but beautiful and full of colours in the same time!
    - The film is full of actions and violence (Walter Fasano's editing is very good), with many different locations... the scene(s?) in the catacombs are very good.
    - The film is full of Lee Wilson's digital effects and Sergio Stivaletti's effects.
    - The witches are very, very sexy!

Unfortunately, it's not all good news. The rumours of the film being cut by distributor Medusa Film are apparently true, and Nick from Dark Dreams has warned fans to expect a film that "will not be Dario's original vision". I just pray (not literally, of course) that a version that does represent what he wanted to make eventually sees the light of day on DVD.

Quelle: www.whiggles.com

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020